View Single Post

Old 07-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Sage

This is nonsense. Unless you are spending significant amounts of time at an extreme angle, and then the pickup for pump based lubrication system may be out of the oil, it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
I do the chemicals-fert and occasional insect control. We have a 5,000 sq foot lawn-IT IS NO BIG DEAL-once you figure out what to do when.
We too are former northerners. I've attended several of the cooperative extension talks about lawn care etc. Best quote from one of the speakers was if you are from the north forget everything you thought you knew. The southern grasses are completely different. You have either empire zoysia or St Augustine. You had a six month growing season and here it is ten months.
RE: MOWER
Like anything else there will be many different opinions.
You garage or tool shed will not be temperature controlled.
Right now I will guess my garage is over 100. Batteries are quickly destroyed at that heat and they are expensive to replace. For a gas engine. If you have an older mower like a briggs and stratton side valve, the entire lubrication of the engine is a simple spoon to splash the oil. On a hill such as we all have between houses the lubrication is at best marginal. The newer engines on better mowers will have a pressure lube system similar to an automobile.