View Single Post

Old 07-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Isn't that what defense law about, dirty tricks, the more money you got the dirty if gets? I'm so fresh
Actually some of the public defenders have been more interested in this than the prosecutors as this would educate jurors about the law a great deal more than before. They would be harder to manipulate and would be asking more questions to both sides. And the prosecutors have the harder standard in criminal cases. It is much much lower in civil cases.

There were defense lawyers who helped me out but then there was also Mills Lane, but he was a bridge partner of my parents in the 1970s. Google Taltarza725 and you will see some of these lawyers.

I am in contact now with a number of lawyers and the Florida Bar on Facebook as well as with a number of the Top Law Schools.

Mostly the 224 613 Project would make certain players in the legal game a lot harder to manipulate. And it is a game to many people at least the Law Professors or at least some of them at the University of Minnesota seemed to see it as a game of chess with very high stakes.

There were some very empathetic law professors there though too. I do not want to overgeneralize. And some of the Law Professors seemed to be very much on my side in 1991 when I forced this issue of how you handle someone with a very intense personal history with the law in an employment setting involving the law. Do people have to more objective about the law or can they also base their judgments on stepping into the mindset of others involved in the law? Remember that I was a Student then Student Director with Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners connected to Minnesota Correctional Facility--Stillwater. These prisoners' needs was my number one Priority when I was in law school, then working in the law library, then my grades.

These are very important issues right now too with the police shootings in Dallas as well as those in Minnesota and Louisiana.

The people of Orlando have done a great job with empathizing and helping with the 6-12-2016 Pulse Nightclub shooting survivors/victims.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-10-2016 at 11:12 AM.