View Single Post

Old 07-15-2016, 11:06 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
I suspect the reason some villagers don’t have a monitored system is cost. Many in TV are on a fixed income. When the ring doorbell first came out I read the reviews, they were not good. Most complained it was slow or didn’t work at all. A message would get to your smartphone 5-10 mins after the bell is rung, or not at all. Maybe there have been improvements in later generations of the unit. I have regular hard-wired cameras.

The ring doorbell, or any camera, isn’t going to stop a burglary but it might get the perps caught. And, through the plea bargain process, maybe get some of your stuff back.
Villagers generally do not have a tough time paying for what they want. Go out to dinner one less time a month to pay for the security monitoring. No problem.

Arm the system anytime you leave!

I want burglars kept out of my house! The video doorbell will not do that. A camera system will not do that. A Smith & Wesson will not do that when I am away. Best chance is the VERY LOUD alarm and the burglar knowing the Sheriff will arrive very soon.