View Single Post

Old 07-17-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I have been thinking about this 40th Earl Wooster High School Re-Union in Reno, Nevada quite a bit. And also about the Law Librarian convention this weekend (July 16-17) and Monday and Tuesday (18-19).

Going back to the Federal Jury Voir Dire.

I told the judge I was a Villager. One other panel member in 2009 was a Villager. That I had been a law librarian. Was then unemployed and single. And had not been involved in a lawsuit involving employment discrimination nor supervised anyone.

I did babysit a number of teens when I worked at various places near Reno, Nevada from 1977-1983 but it would be a stretch to say that I supervised them as there were the daughters or friends of these of ex-lovers of my bosses. I did not really have much say as to who goes and stays. They were a fun bunch of teens then, all grown women now.

There were some supervisory roles I had at the University of Minnesota Law Library but I had had problems with claims before that I had made with respect to former employers backing up what I put on my resume even if these claims were true. So, I thought it better to just remain silent even with a lot of digging the Federal Government could see I was being honest in claims I made in many resumes.

Same with the supervision of law students I did while a Student Director at Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners. I was not sure that they (LAMP) would back me up on these claims even though with minimal investigation they could see I was telling the truth.

I did not want to say anything I could not prove right then and there. Being a single, male unemployed Villager who had been a Law Librarian was about all I could prove.

Interestingly, there was a retired manager from the CIA who lived west of the Villages (not saying where) who it looked like was being pegged to be Jury Foreman by the Judge while I left the Courtroom. It would have been very hard to challenge whatever some retired CIA manager said about anything.

I left and went to see Avatar in 3-D at the Hollywood 16 theater after getting lunch at Paddock Mall.
The Federal Judge did ask us if any of us on the Jury Panel or still in the pool knew any of the parties in the lawsuit most of whom were Claremont Police Officers, Claremont City Attorneys, Employment Discrimination Attorneys, etc. He also asked if any of us Jurors or potential Jurors knew one another.

There were a few "yeses" to people knowing the Claremont policemen but not enough of a connection for the Judge or someone else to challenge them.

I had been writing many police departments in Florida in my 224 613 Project but doubt if anyone would remember any e-mails I had sent out in the period around 1999-2005.

Only six days until the 1976 Earl Wooster High School Class Re-Union. I still think I would be a little bit too disturbing a presence because of the baggage I would bring to this meeting especially how prevalent 2-24 and 613 have been in the media of late. And some of these people would make the various connections and they know about m 25.5 year effort on the Taltarzac725 224 613 Project.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-17-2016 at 06:18 PM.