View Single Post

Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothevillages View Post
My wife and I are 2 of the over 10,000 villagers being kicked-out of the Villages Health Care system. Health Insurance is part of our retirement benefits and we can't afford to pay additional funds for something that won't provide any additional benefits. So, we are now looking for a new Internist or General Practitioner before December 31. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good internist or general practitioner? Thanks
We were never allowed into that fine Healthcare system because we have company insurance and that wasn't accepted. We really envied all who could take advantage of it. That said, we have a PCP we like, also a dermatologist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist and foot doctor. It was not easy to find them. Florida is not tops in this country for excellent health care and that is probably why The Developer tried to provide and hire some good doctors for this community and establish a good health care system like he started good restaurants and a bank and things like transportation systems and even had a first rate furniture store. I think the developers were planning on the backing of USF and they fled for some reason, maybe not enough dough?

It is not easy to find excellent health care in Florida and if you come from Boston, L A, Houston or Cincinnati to name a few meccas of medicine in the U.S.,you will feel the lack deeply.

I have run into some really not good doctors and absolute scam dentists here in this part of Florida.

The best and brightest medical folks are attracted to large nationally accredited teaching facilities I guess.

We still have good doctors here for most things that affect us.

When searching for doctors, ask if they are board certified, and note where they were educated to start. Having a nice personality, or good bedside manner isn't as important as having up to date medical knowledge.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-18-2016 at 08:16 AM.