View Single Post

Old 07-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
As a Canadian with many older friends, I've never once heard of anyone waiting six months for an essential operation.
Or being refused treatment based on age. Never.
I had a lawyer friend from Toronto who was pushed out 6 months for cancer surgery . He came to Buffalo and paid cash .
He would have died if he had waited .

I had a good friend in Buffalo who was also from Toronto . His Dad needed heart surgery but the " system " would not approve the surgery only would offer drugs .
He brought his father to Buffalo for surgery and paid cash and it saved his father`s life .
Another business associate had to bring his daughter into the US to get eye surgery which he could not get approved for her in Canada .
Another good friend had to bring his father to the US for Parkinson`s treatment and special drugs which he was denied in Canada .
In the Buffalo area there are many Doctors who crossed into the US to practice rather than work for the wages they could earn within the Canadian system .
Don`t get me wrong I love Canada but I know many many Canadians and medical professionals who do not like the current state of the government health system .
Please do not be offended I am just sharing the real experiences of several friends and business associates .