View Single Post

Old 07-31-2016, 04:52 AM
Thumbs down Glenview has a Nice View, but.....

Well, I did it again.
Finished 9 holes of golf and headed to Glenview for a nice burger and good chit-chat with another couple in our 4-some.
"I'll have a hamburger, medium rare and well done fries, please."
"Medium well or well done?" queried our lovely waitress.
"Medium rare, thanks." Let me explain.........." the waitress stated.
It turns out that you can only get MEDIUM WELL OR WELL DONE on Saturdays when they have a "special" going on.
I WENT OFF THE BOARD AND BOUGHT A VOWEL and goe the $8.49 burger and was offered toppings galore and cooked to order! In that case, "I would like a burger, med-rare with WELL DONE GRILLED ONIONS. If they come to me white and firm, I will send the meal back, so, just please have them cooked?". "Of course" and off my order went.
Some 10 mins go by and all 4 meals come and my RAW ONIONS with a slathering of grease on them arrive with the waitress saying, "I told them you would send them back but was told to send it".
Back it went.
Six minutes later, HUGE pile of uncooked; not even barely warm onions are slopped onto the same, cold burger.
Back it went.
The others are on their last two bites and my WELL DONE BURGER with greasier onions arrives.
They served me the same pre-cooked burger that was $3 cheaper. That is why it's MW or WD only. Pre-cook then reheat.
Took it off the bill and I got no lunch.
Asked to see manager of dining room who, after 4 minutes of keeping me waiting, approached with a smug attitude and feigned interest. Arms folded across the chest is not a good approach.
I was hungry and frustrated. The place was quiet and not overworked.
I was told by a different server that the onions are NOT grilled and sautee is the cook they put on them. She listened as she had asked if she could help me. I was in the lobby of the restaurant WAITING for the ? manager.
Once the alleged manager arrived, I asked, "If you don't serve grilled onions, WHY DO YOU HAVE IT ALL OVER THE MENU" ??? He nodded and provided a slight, left head tilt as a response.
(Grilled..... soft...brown...yummy...offered on several items but NOT PROVIDED.)
Imagine the concept. Hamburger with grilled onions...but we don't mean it.
How hard is that?
The food, for me, SUCKED.
I will not go back.... EVER.
They will not care....EVER.