View Single Post

Old 07-31-2016, 05:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
From recent times it has to be "Sideways", Jack and Miles trip through the wine country of California I find never gets old. I have probably seen it at least 35 times.

From my older favorites, "Chinatown"with Jack Nicholson. I never get tired of the film noir and the fact the story is not something simple you'll figure out in advance, it keeps you thinking. I've seen this one at least 50 times.

Also from my classic favorites, "Heaven can Wait". Everyone is great, Warren Beatty is perfect for this part, I became a big fan of Jack Warden after this, and Charles Grodin and Dylan Cannon were perfect. I've seen this one at least 50 times and it never gets old.

Another classic favorite is "Network". 'I'm Mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it Anymore", one of the greatest movie lines. The 1970's couldn't be anymore ripe for the invention of reality TV, it's pretty standard fare today, but in the 70's we thought it was so new and cool. If you've never seen this film and you enjoy reality TV, "America's Got Talent" for sure, watch this movie. I've seen this one at least 50 times.

I have so many more that when they come on I can't turn off, from Dirty Harry, Sunset Blvd, The Caine Mutiny, 12 Angry Men, Psycho, In Cold Blood, Bullitt, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, Mash, French Connection, American Graffitti, The Exorcist, Jaws, Taxi Driver, Dog Day Afternoon, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Animal House, Airplane, Alien, Caddyshack, Amadeus, Jagged Edge, Down & Out in Beverly Hills, Blue Velvet, Raising Arizona, The Player, Forest Gump, Se7en, American Beauty, Donnie Darko, all the Bourne movies, Napolean Dynamite, Collateral, Zodiac, Cloverfield, The Wrestler, Up in the Air, to name a few.
All really good movies.