View Single Post

Old 07-31-2016, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If any restaurant can't make what the customer wants-they are not a restaurant--they are nothing but a school cafeteria or a military chow line

What really amazes me its what people settle for as far as food is concerned in the villages.

Looks like the prime criteria for eating out is: prices, happy hour and quantity

Quality goes out the window when you're looking for the above
I would like to meet you because you are probably a gourmet. I have never lived in New York, but I sat at many tables in relatives home in Ohio where yummy stuff was served. I think everybody has their individual idea of what is yummy. I don't think I am picky, but I have never eaten Calimari and don't have any plans at this point. I know Ronsroni and she is a great person so I respect what she has to say. I don't like rare burgers and don't mind unbrowned onions.

I think that most of the restaurants around these parts cater to average food with pretty good prices and that seems to work for people who go out to eat a lot and don't want to outlive their money. (I don't go out to eat a lot, but I don't want to outlive my money either).

I still cook at home most of the time and really don't put as much time and effort as I did when more of us sat around the table, but I don't get any complaints. It may be that Sweetie and Helene are afraid of me. I didn't realize that I was a Bully until lately. Poor souls.