View Single Post

Old 05-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Default Re: The Villages Reginal Hospital Any opinions?

A quick update on the ER at the Villages Hospital.

I had occasion to use the facilities a week or so ago for a potentially serious situation. We went over at 11pm on a Sunday evening and I was triaged and taken to the ER immediately.

Got prompt attention and diagnosis determining that my problem was not life threatening but did require an overnight stay to stabilize.

All docs and nurses were pleasant and efficient. Even though they were quite busy, I was given what I would deem the proper level of attention for my situation....prompt but not STAT.

I was an EMT for many years and had an opportunity to see the ER in operation at our local community hospital which was similar in scope to TVRH. I think TVRHdid a good job for me under the circumstances.

Perhaps not the place for a stroke or serious heart issue, but I'm sure they'll get there in time. Rome wasn't built in a day. Many of us come from communities where there are some pretty heavy hitting medical institutions and have been spoiled. We have to remember they didn't appear overnight either. Given the exponential growth taking place in the area, I'm sure it's a horse race every day to keep up with growth requirements.

One thing we need to remember too is that TVRH serves the public at large, not just TV'ers. The gentlemen next to me was from Del Webb Spruce Creek.

One way to help out is to use an urgent care facility for needed, but non-emergency care instead of the ER. This will keep the ER available for more critical cases.