View Single Post

Old 08-13-2016, 10:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We rarely if ever get a robo call on our voip anymore. My cell phone is another story. I'm even getting marketing calls that are using my own cell phone number as the caller ID number. First it was saying the calls were from ME. Then they were saying the calls were from a friend of mine, but giving my cell phone as the number calling.

I blocked my own number and haven't had a call since. I wish they would offer the cell phone nomorobo free. I'm sure that's not my last robo call.
FYI, I use the "Hiya" app on my cell. It works, but it could be better. The app will block incoming "spam", however it has to "learn" the number first. If the call is already on my blocked list, my phone will ring once and the incoming call gets diverted. What I have found is that other (new) spam calls may come to my phone, but if I don't recognize the number I let it go. I then go back to Hiya and if the app indicates spam/telemarketers and other businesses, I add it to my block list. I see a lot of area code 313 codes (Detroit) on my phone and apparently most are about Florida time shares! lol. Overall I do get less spam calls, but it would be better if the app recognized the spam as it comes in and blocks it automatically. Still in all, it is a free app and it does block many calls.