View Single Post

Old 08-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Default Fake Service Dogs

I'm a disabled veteran, serving 34 years with the Marine Corps, both in and out of uniform. I don't like crowds, I always sit with my back against a wall in any restaurant, and am continually anxious with various surroundings. To make this short, I have a ESA (Emotional Support Animal) who is a Yorkie (Silky), who is certified (with certificate), papers, ID's and vest. She brings comfort to me when we're around people (more than a dozen or so). The tenant who has this dog, MUST, at your request, present you with his/her certification. Anyone can buy a vest or borrow one from a friend. This does NOT make this dog a service dog. However, to have/need/require a service dog, is different for everyone. I don't have to have her with me when I golf, with friends, etc. And never bring her into a restaurant, or grocery store, but when I fly on an aircraft, she's sitting with me, as well as what I described above. Once again he/she (tenant) MUST present their certification, and what kind of service the dog provides. Hope this helps.....