View Single Post

Old 05-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Default Re: What if we don't like The Villages sales rep "assigned" to us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar
Hmmmm. A little clarification is in order here. The agents working for the developer are licensed be the State of Florida as either Salespersons or Brokers to conduct real estate business in the State. Those licensees do not belong to the National Association of REALTORS, however.

Members of the National Association of REALTORS are 1- Licensed by the State of Florida in the same way agents for The Villages are licensed. and 2. They are able to use the term REALTOR by virtue of that membership. The sales people of TV are indeed not REALTORS. They are Agents of The Villages.

While that may sound like splitting hairs, trust me it is not. The difference is wide, and anyone doing business with salespersons from TV should understand exactly who those sales persons owe their loyalty.

My background = Florida Licensed Broker, Instructor and REALTOR for 18+ years

Very good explination, I could not have said it better myself. I would also like to say that Jim McLaughlin also gets my vote, he showed us some houses when we were down there in Feb, a very nice and professional man to work with.