View Single Post

Old 08-17-2016, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,333 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
Been a LOT of landscape companies in TV started off the back of another company they were working for. You would be surprised to know that several 'reputable' companies began by stealing customers from their employers. By stealing.. I mean they give the customer a cheaper option to do a job they are there bidding for someone they work for. What they do, once they are on their own may seem to the layman as reputable and wonderful, but to the pro (and to the chagrin of many a resident) in the years to follow, is crap...most of these guys (and women) who started companies by stealing from their employers, are doing overpriced and sub-standard landscapes that need significant overhauls in only a year or 3.

If you really want to make sure you have a good designer, ask to see a home they designed and installed over 10, or even 15 years ago. 75% of the landscaping going on in TV is redoing landscapes installed 3-5 years ago. Real designers will give you a landscape that is still improving for ATLEAST 7 years. There are 3 good designers I know of in this area, and none were mentioned in this post, and yes, I have seen plenty of the work done by those mentioned. Their good stuff wouldn't even get a passing grade in a landscape design class.
So give the OP the names and contact information for those 3 good designers as the requested. We might all benefit from that information.

Berks County Pennsylvania