View Single Post

Old 08-24-2016, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
Regarding the post above that makes it sound like an ominous, horrendous process but you should "relax"......the sales reps for The Villages (new and pre-owned) are licensed. "Realtor" is highly over-rated, anywhere, since many fit the description of "used car salesman" who will say ANYTHING to get a listing or make a sale. The Villages sales reps are good or excellent in many cases.

Getting a new home here doesn't really assure that it's just how you'd like it, and they are limited by location in far south area of TV.

Pre-owned homes here often have unbelievable quality enhancements, because people have the money to do it and can finally get things they always wanted before. Pre-owned would give far more options for location and high-grade enhancements owners will not recoup their money on. They did it simply because they wanted to and finally could.
BUT the sometimes very personalized additions often do not suit the new owners. I vote for new. We have had many homes built over time. The one here has been the easiest process, and the first one we bought here already built was fine too.

New houses need pull down stairs in the garage, gutters on the side and back, you may want to change the landscaping or add curbing to it, epoxy the garage floor, I like about half of the driveway finishes I have seen, and half I don't. Personally I am fine with none. Our new house came with the tile, hardwood and carpet we liked. And the neutral colors we prefer.

I think new and used are not much difference in price at all, if any difference in price for many. So please yourself. It is hard to find a bad location and most people think they have chosen the best. I am not nor have I ever been a realtor. I just love living here.