View Single Post

Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,996 Times in 4,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcrank View Post
Thanks folks. Have done all kinds of searches and just seem to get either rah, rah, rah, or nay, nay, nay, not much logical and concise info.
Will look at SHINE as I have not seen that yet. The hunt is still on.
And golfing eagles, not sure if you're joking or not, but me thinks questioning anything anywhere is something an individual should do. Not criticism, but educating myself. If you can tell what will happen in the future, may God bless you!!!
As for cranky old me, I don't have that ability.
Keep posting folks I appreciate all the info.

Never said you shouldn't question it. Truth be told, when I was in NY, Florida medicine was the butt of many a joke. But there are good physicians down here and they are not too hard to find.

I will predict this for the future: Healthcare delivery will change, maybe soon after inauguration day. The "old" system worked fine for 85-90% of the population, but it left about 40 million people out in the cold. They could get the care they needed, but if they had any assets, they were bankrupted. By virtue of the "consequences of an election" in 2008, America decided the system needed to change. Personally, I agreed, but as usual, the devil is in the details. What we instituted is not viable in the long term, hence the prediction for future change. People resist change--hence all the consternation regarding TVH insurance decision. But fasten your seatbelt, it will change again.