View Single Post

Old 08-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Hello geofitz13,

First of all, welcome to TOTV. This is the place to get information about moving to and living in The Villages. As a Villagers wannabee, this site has been so helpful in keeping up what is going on in The Villages from 1,500 miles away.

My recommendations...take the trolley tour. The last time I took the trolley tour was on a visit about 3 years ago. It lasts about 1 hour. The trolley tours used to leave from the sales center at Lake Sumter Landing, but that may have changed since the last time I took the trolley tour. If you call The Villages' sales office, they will be able to give you the correct info.

As another poster mentioned, I would also not wait too much longer to book the Lifestyle Visit if you are planning to come to The Villages in January as that is high season.

There are open houses in The Villages every day so you may want to visit some while you are in TV. The open houses are advertised in The Villages Daily Sun newspaper, and also on The Villages web site.

Definitely visit all three squares (Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter Landing and Brownwood) in the evening as there is free entertainment nightly from 5:00 to 9:00.

When you are in a restaurant or just out and about, don't hesitate to ask Villagers about life in The Villages. Most people are glad to answer questions and share their experiences.

Enjoy your visit, and when you visit The Villages, please post about your visit.

Talk to anyone and everyone as villagers love their hometown and enjoy talking about it.

I would visit the Eisenhower Rec Center near Brownwood if you get a chance. If you coming for a few days, time will fly by. One thing about TV is that it is enormous, (anywhere from 36 to 42 sq miles). Buy a map to study for your future visit.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).