Thread: Saint Augustine
View Single Post

Old 08-28-2016, 10:58 AM
Gold member
Default St. Augustine

Mom, my late father and I used to own a condo on St. Augustine Beach. Mom and I sold it after we built our home in The Villages.

St. Augustine is basically two areas: The old city and the beach are separated by the Bridge of Lions! I'm more familiar with the restaurants on the beach. My favorites are--

Saltwater Cowboys is located on the dunes just off A1A Beach Boulevad. Their food is delicious and to some a little pricey. Make sure you check their hours as they have weird hours.

Oasis is your typical beach restaurant/bar on A1A Beach. The food is good, large portions and not pricey. It's where the bikers go for Biker's Week. I think you can see the beach from the 2nd floor but we never go up there because Mom can't handle the stairs!

South Beach Grill is right on the beach on A1A Beach Boulevard but it Iis down the road about 12 miles! It's worth the trip and we love their seafood. And, of course, you can't beat the view!

There are a lot of other good restaurants on the beach but be aware these restaurants are always crowded.

In town, the parking is terrible! We like Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille on Avenida Menendez, Columbia Restaurant (pricier) on St George Street and A1A Ale Works on 1 King Street (on the 2nd floor but they have an elevator). If your near a window, you can see the water and the bridge.

There are a lot of good restaurants in this area but these are my favorites.

Sightseeing. The fort, the trolley tour, Lightner Museum, the old churches, St. George Street and the beach!

Don't forget the two outlet malls off I-95!

Hope this helps!