View Single Post

Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Default Sewer Gas Vent Pipe not install correctly

I am almost sure if you check under one of the sinks in the master bathroom you will find the builder put in one vent value which is allow under the law... These vents only cost about $5.00 vs running both sink vents to adjoin in the attic and run out through the roof as it is suppose to be done.. I have tried buying a little more expensive vents (about 8 in high ) at Lowes for about $25.00... no help... let me tell you... you are smelling raw sewer gas coming up through your sink instead of being vented to the roof.. The plumbing companies know this and the builder knows this... but $5.00 and get it passed by the Inspectors is better than
$100.00... they will tell you to put this and that and clean your drains and believe me ... they really know or should know at the very least.. (I know as a former Builder/Contractor myself... Now its a good idea to clean your drain properly on a regular schedule but you can do that all day long... and the next morning there is that dam sewer smell again.. We are stuck with this problem as there is little or no way possible to correct at this stage of the game unless you can get a vent pipe to the attic to adjoin the other larger vent pipe there.