View Single Post

Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the support folks only wish our comments here made a difference - who knows maybe they do, maybe someone important with the Villages management will read and think about it.

I hope for the best with the new director but his plan to not overseed the fairways is based on the lack of water because of our deficit and does not address the greens or tees. They don't have to completely stop overseeding just back off on how heavy they make it. It should be only enough to give the greens a green tinge and just enough to give the dormant grass a little life so the ball rolls true and does not wander off line and it doesn't take much. I understand that the Villages gives the staff the grass seed to plant and want it super thick and green, again not for the golfer or the well being of our grass but to sell real estate. I'm surprised they bought off on not doing the fairways - actually amazed. Also doesn't address the quality of seed used. The more pure the seed the higher the cost. Where do you think all the crab grass comes from? It's much worse on the executive courses.

Last edited by tmbromley; 09-05-2016 at 08:02 PM.