View Single Post

Old 09-08-2016, 09:26 PM

Played Hibiscus to Alamanda this evening- greens have recovered fine but they haven't cut them for speed and they are slow. Both courses have way too much crab grass and the courses fairways are slowly being taken over by common Bermuda - it's not good. Why are all the courses not in the same condition? I think the layout of Palmer and Lopez and Glenview as designed by pros and that is what you should be paying for not general conditions. I'm sorry but even Palmer is fighting off weeds and patches of common Bermuda as well as some Zoysia. I understand areas of rough having some different grasses because of trees and shade on to the left of the path but they were all built with the same hybrid Bermuda grass. Over the years they've been allowed to go down hill due to "lack of interest" or not wanting to keep the grass pure for probably cost reasons. Now, however Glenview is actually better than Palmer - more pure hybrid grass almost totally with very small inconsistencies. They should all have the same condition - they should all be as pure as Glenview. It is very disappointing to see the level they have allowed Cane Garden to dwindle down to! Crab grass everywhere. It is a really beautiful course too. Personally I don't understand why any of our courses are being allowed to degrade further and further especially the executives cause they really aren't free now are they. They should all be maintained to the same condition standard. My two cents worth...