View Single Post

Old 09-10-2016, 06:14 AM

I just moved into a Villa and for the most part really like it, however - when I purchased it I didn't notice the satellite dish installed by the owner of an income property next to me. The dish is installed on her roof directly across from my sliding glass door. I asked her if she would consider moving the dish and even offered to pay for it to be installed in the back of the house (like everybody else) and she refuses!! I am so disgusted with this I could just scream. I took it to the board at the VCCD yesterday and because of some stupid FCC ruling regarding satellite dishes they will not intercede. I am concerned about the safety of the dish during a windstorm as well as the ugly appearance of it from every one of my windows. I keep my sliding glass door blinds shut a ll the time now because just looking at it aggravates me. The conclusion at yesterdays meeting with the VCCD is that this woman is just a special kind of "inconsiderate" and that most Villagers are not RUDE like she is. There is a perfectly clear signal in the back of the Villa but she just doesn't care. One Villager yesterday suggested I call Channel 6 news and shame her into doing something about it. If I do that, I am pretty much drawing a line in the sand with her and I didn't move here to fight with my neighbors. Any suggestions?