View Single Post

Old 09-10-2016, 09:10 PM

We moved here 2.5 years ago. My husband developed Multiple Myeloma. I was terrified, especially not knowing where to go for medical.
We are 55m from Shands Hospital in Gainesville. It is one of the only Trauma centers in the South. It is a teaching hospital. It is one of 13 Bone Marrow Transplant Units in the country. Shands has it's own Dental Hospital, Heart Hospital, Orthopedic Hospital, Children's Hospital, Cancer Hospital, etc etc etc. My husband's care has been exceptional. We were originally from the North East. I feel blessed to live in this community with this caliber of medical care so close! I have also found great physicians through word of mouth for an Endo, Cardiologist and Internist. They are all terrific. So do not worry about medical. I have a brother-in-law who is a surgeon in Pennsylvania and a nephew in Rhode Island who is ENT cancer and they BOTH say Shand's is tops!! I love living here..........you'll never find neighbors like you find in The Villages. I feel so lucky that I chose to live here. My neighbors and I say that we are growing young again together. I love waking up in The Villages. Good luck in your decision.