Thread: depreciate
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy View Post
How much does a new golf cart depreciate when it is sold? Is there a rule of thumb for subsequent years?
I am beginning to looking at used carts and trying to determine approximate values. I am sure brand does matter so how about a Yamaha?
Since you did not say whether you were looking for a gas or electric cart, my two cents worth is that Yamaha GAS carts are very good but NOT their electric.

If you want a very good deal on a great cart try Grandma & Grandpa's Golf carts, 352-552-8454. They have re-manufactured carts that they actually build for your specifications. They have Yamaha and Club Car.

Club car electric carts are very good, especially if you get Trojan Ranger batteries. That is what I have and the batteries are GREAT. They are "rated" to go 60 miles on a charge. I have played a round of championship golf at Lopez [up near the North edge of The Villages], came home and took my dog for a 45 minute ride then drove all the way South to Soaring Eagle softball diamonds and back and the gauge never moved from fully charged and never lost any power. My cart is over 2 years old.

I tell you this because so many people say that electric carts won't be able to travel the distance of The Villages on a charge. I happen to disagree.

The other place to check out for a cart is Village Discount Golf Carts on 446, 352-633-8480.

Good luck.