View Single Post

Old 09-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Default Villages Health Referral & Advanced Urology

Thought I would share my Villages Health referral experience. I still am with the Villages Health at Pinellas and was referred to Advanced Urology for a consult since I was previously treated for prostate cancer. After going to Advance's office to fill out papers to have previous records sent there, was notified two weeks ago that Dr. Dersch did not want me as a patient and that I should go to my primary care doctor. I explained that my primary care referred me there and also had the villages health at Pinellas contact them. Despite this, I was notified today that they still do not want me as a patient.
I guess Advanced Urology is not interested because my PSA has been undetectable for so long after being treated and there is no money to be made with yearly exams. This also might speak to the relationship the Villages Health has in certain types of referrals.
Frustrating experience but sure am glad I am not having some type of urological problem right now. Any suggestions on a good urologist not with Advaced Urology would be appreciated.