View Single Post

Old 09-17-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Stuff snipped by Alan...

I would avoid Killdeer, the last 3 holes ruin the whole nine. They are tight little tricky holes, I dislike holes where you can't use a driver off the tee, especially a par 5, which is like #8. Also Killdeer #4 is a par 3, we play from the blues and it's 185. There is water left, big time swamp and a big oak tree on the right, so it's probably the toughest par 3 in TV.
Played Killdeer yesterday. I started out birdie, double (miss green right, chunk, chip to 6 feet, miss putt), birdie, double (Long left into hazard, drop, chip to 8 feet miss putt ) . Number 4 is a tough hole, especially with that pin back left.

I was thinking of your post when playing 7,8 and 9. I almost always hit driver on 7 and 9. Heck 7 of over 400 yards and 9 was close to 390. I have hit driver in the past on 8, I see it as a great risk reward tee shot. I cannot get home in two with iron off the tee, so if I wish to get home I need to hit a 4 wood or driver into a very tight area.

I thought the conditions were OK. Certainly playable, but no rave reviews.

Last edited by ajbrown; 09-17-2016 at 09:08 AM.