View Single Post

Old 06-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Late Evening Loud Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
I know that the FL Legislature enacted a Law involving loud music ( if you care to call it that) that blasts out of autombiles. I am wondering if these same anti-noise rules apply to music now being played past 9 PM from Sumter Landing? Use to be that with the right conditions (wind direction, etc) I could hear music from Spanish Springs and Sumter landing up until 9PM. I live more than 1 mile away from Sumter Landing and on some nights can hear the music and drums way past 9PM. What has happened that allows this kind of loud music? Is this exempt from the anti-noise pollution laws? I thought this was a retirement community and not Disney's Pleasure Island.
Back to the topic of this thread...
Hancle, I understood that the music in the squares was supposed to close down at 9PM. Is this true? It may be worthwhile to contact the Recreation powers that be, confirm the entertainment "quiet time" and report the entertainers that don't abide by the rules. I'll bet some consistent monitoring and reporting will achieve compliance. But that is difficut because the wind isn't always from the same direction blowin' the sounds toward you.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley