View Single Post

Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Default Pot-luck supper, Charades, Watch TV Debate 9/26

To Talk of The Villages singles:

We have not had a pot-luck dinner party for a long time. I think the main reason is probably the work involved in hosting one! Well, to reduce that burden and thus encourage more parties, I will set a new example of hosting without providing any food myself! I'll provide real dishes and utensils, glasses, cups, napkins, water, etc. Everything but food and drink. So BYOB and BYOF !!

Time: Monday, 9/26/16, 5:30 PM onward, but eat at 6:00 PM, so if you are bringing a fresh, hot dish, come shortly before 6. Or use my microwave if that is suitable for your dish.

After dinner we'll play charades & yak until 9 PM, when, for those who wish to stay, we'll watch the 1st presidential debate. I can pause it at any time, so we can discuss something if we want to, but something tells me I better keep that to a minimum or we'll go to midnight! Cha Cha Cha has approved all this [ :-) ] and is coming, so we will have at least one Trump supporter and one Hillary supporter! Insulting a candidate will be allowed, but no insulting each other! Wear a NAME TAG!

If you are single and want to attend, post your desire here or send me a private message here on TOTV. I will then send you the address and directions via private message.