Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 09-20-2016, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I have read "A Year By the Sea" and "An Unfinished Marriage".
It's too late for me to have a mid-life crisis - that ship sailed for me years ago.
And yes, I had a series of mid-life crises back in the day. I'm so glad that time of confusion is over.
The lesson I learned "The grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of the fence".
Bare: I just finished Joan Anderson's "A Second Journey", as far as I was concerned it was a journey she should not have bothered to take. The only one I really enjoyed was An Unfinished Marriage, after that it was all down hill!

Mid-Life Crises ........... never had time for that. I was working more hours than I should have been, with a husband who was traveling all over the world on business so when he got home it was like a "honeymoon" and then he was off again leaving me with the two children, two homes, a dog and a job - phew!

Today, Sept 21, 2016 - S.J. Watson, "Second Life" and "Before I Sleep"

On your recommendation, I just got these two books at the library. Could not put down "before I sleep", really really creepy. It reminded me a little of a Julia Robert's movie I saw sometime ago called Sleeping With the Enemy, it kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole movie. Now I cannot wait to read your other book by Watson called Second Life.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 09-21-2016 at 10:59 AM.