Thread: Pizza
View Single Post

Old 06-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
Muncle

There are so many different types of bbq and I get confused! Not sure if my favorite is KC, Memphis, Texas, Carolinas or what.

I like my bbq ribs saucy...not dry...has to have sauce covering them. The sauce needs to be somewhat sweet.

So...where do I find this type...Memphis? KC? Where? Anywhere in TV's?
During some of my lost years of the 70's, I worked in a BBQ place in KC. First of all, we didn't use those fancy babyback ribs, just big ol slab of pork ribs. We'd rub them down with a fairly spicy dry rub and hickory smoke them for several hours. As soon as we took them out of the smoker, we'd spread a bit of honey on them. Before serving, we'll slather them up with a good, tomato based sauce, kinds sweet with a bit of a tang. That method is still my favorite. I've had them where the place soak 'em in sauce and pretty much ladles them out to serve. Some places (and individuals) put the sauce on while the meat is still cooking on a grill or even in a smoker. Just leads to burned meat. For heaven, just give me a short end laid out on a couple slices of fresh white bread with a decent sauce flavoring 'em but not drowning them. And then there's beef brisket. . .

Around TV, probably the best is Oakwood. They're not Gates or Bryants or Smoke Stack or Rosedale, but if I have to, they're not bad. And Sonny's is acceptable. When Bonos closed, we lost a landmark. That had to be the worst BBQ known to man.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e