View Single Post

Old 09-28-2016, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuctba1958 View Post
In 2004 at age 45 I tried to buy a new home but was told they reached the 20% level. I was told you could legally buy a resale. So they sent me to First Village Realty which at the time was a Villages mls company. We bought a new home that was being flipped by a couple who at the time bought 3 homes. One to live in and 2 to flip. They closed in August 04 and paid 164k we closed in October 04 for 208k.....ouch! All worked out we sold for a profit and eventually bought a new home in TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will someone link to the federal guidelines for an age restricted community? We have lived here, owned here nine years and I read all news and communications faithfully and have a number of friends who are up to date and this is the absolute first time I have ever heard that anyone was refused because of age. Some couldn't get financing, but age was never an impediment to buying here. And they do keep track, they have to keep track about owners to keep their status as an age restricted community.

There seems to be a lot of posts in the last couple of days that are critical of Villages agents and some asking unusual questions and some bringing up controversial topics about MLS and Village Agents.

But it is nice to hear from a lot of new people.