View Single Post

Old 10-02-2016, 04:18 AM
Email Reported As Spam

[QUOTE=REDCART;1299220]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Palmer's Lopez and Hemingway's are nothing to brag about..in my humble view... despite each having its respective price point . meaning one can be as easily disappointed at one place as another. price does not guarantee quality[/

You're absolutely correct. There may not be any fine dining in TV but would you at least concede that there are different tiers of restaurants in TV, and that it's likely that for some people Evergreen may not be in the top tier?
Hi REDCART:

Without sounding cynical I have always believed that it is not wise to go overboard on any issue given man's tendency toward error and given man's various levels of expectations. I also believe in Oscar Wilde's qüote (paraphase) "some know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Its why you always get a difference of opinion in restaurant discussions on this forum.

My wife and I prefer to cook at home even sometimes when we are going out for the evening. We periodically accept invitations to dine with neighbors so as not to appear unsociable or to give us a treat. If you search spending in retirement years often you will read where an expert warns retirees that dining out often is a budget killer

To answer your question specifically I am rather surprised that given the demographics of this community that The Villages hasn't attracted better restaurateurs.

I opine others can decide