View Single Post

Old 10-05-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxman View Post
When we moved here 5 years ago we set up a Termite plan that cost $475 to set up and then $95 to treat each year. Now we are starting year 6 and they want another $475 for a ten year plan that still includes $95 a year for treatments. We have a Cyprus that is approximately 1900 Sq feet. I am wondering if there is a cheaper option or if this is needed at all?
What you purchased is a termite bond. My theory is a termite bond is a very good investment. It doesn't matter if your house is concrete block or wood. Concrete houses Southwood furring strips and rafters. If you get termites it's gonna be a whole lot more expensive than $1000 to repair. Home insurances do not pay for termite damage. The person that said older houses are the ones to get termites is incorrect! Annie house regardless of age can get Termites. Florida used to limit the bond to five years. Now they are allowing 10 years before you have to retreat for termites. So if the company will retreat and warrant for 10 years at $95 a year I think that's a very good deal!