View Single Post

Old 10-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sometimes pedophilia is referred to when people are under 18. Not always just prepubescent.
Pedophilia is defined both legally and psychologically as having an interest in having sex with a child under the age of twelve. Pedophiles rarely care about the gender of the child, just that the child is prepubescent. A sexual predator will groom someone, usually under the age of 18, for sexual encounters. Again, we really don't know enough to label this guy as anything more than a sex offender.

And, again, I would be very leery of this man for the simple fact that he has been convicted of armed robbery. That, to me, is far more dangerous.

And, for those who asked, yes, I would invite a convicted sex offender into my home. It depends on the circumstances -- a 19 YO convicted of statutory rape with his 16 YO girl friend or a guy busted for urinating in public or someone arrested for having sex in a car. Those folks would be welcome. The guy who seeks out a teen advertising online, nope, not welcome. A pedophile or a sexual predator not even not welcome into my home but not worthy of even a friendly greeting on the street.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein