View Single Post

Old 10-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

I went to Dr Hards at Village Dental. My teeth feel better now than they have in 30 years.

When we lived up north I had a very good dentist but I constantly put things off until there was no choice.

When things did get bad and needed to be fixed my dentist would often say “I can fix this with just a filling but you could do a crown here because eventually you will need to”. But I’d go with the fillings until there was no choice but to get a crown.

Anyhow when we got here I went to Dr Hards he pointed out many things that I already knew were issues and some I didn’t and he suggested a bunch of crowns. I said go for it all. Yeah, it was expensive and our insurance covered very little of it but it was the best dental decision I ever made.

I’ve been doing all my followup cleanings/exams with Village Dental and I haven’t any tooth issues/pain in two and a half years… up north I’d be in for filling a couple of times a year.

Now, with over 30 years of hindsight I wish I had told my dentist up north “Do the crown” every time he mentioned the possibility of one. My dentist up north never pushed anything even slightly. He didn’t advertise because he wanted to build his business by word of mouth only, which he did very well. Now I wish he pushed at least a little bit or I was a bit smarter about the amount of dental services my teeth actually needed.

So I’m sure I could get less expensive dental care elsewhere or just go back to my ignore until you have no choice strategy, but I think I will stick with Village Dental instead.