View Single Post

Old 10-24-2016, 01:21 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmack View Post
Had cataract removal, both eyes, in June, used an expensive, once a day eye drop for about 2 weeks. Was told I had dry eye, am 75 yrs. old, and should use a lubricating drop twice a day. So far, I only use a couple of times per week.
After follow up visits, with no after effects except, after some type of adjustment on the right eye, I now have a daily right temple headache for 50% of each day. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
Jerry
Jerry, experiencing a temporal pain/headache for 50% of the day could potentially, though not always, be a sign of temporal arteritis...otherwise known as giant cell arteritis.

Click here for info on Giant Cell Arteritis from the Mayo Clinic

Now, certainly, your "headache" could be many other things, but this is the most worrisome given your age and limited history you've given here. My recommendation is to see your Primary Care Physician and get two blood studies #1, a Sed Rate and #2 C-reactive protein. Those are two tests that can rather quickly rule out giant cell. Next, I would schedule a visit with your favorite local eye doctor to rule out other reasons for your headache that could be related to your eyes. Hope that helps. If you have any questions, please private message me and I'll go further in depth to find you some help if needed.