View Single Post

Old 11-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Platinum member

I was one of the 10 women who went to Cody's in Brownwood. First, let me say that I love Cody's in Sumter and it was the first time that I went to the one in Brownwood. We were going to celebrate one of the girl's birthday. We had a reservation for 5:30 on the patio and on arrival (on time) we were told they had to push some tables together and set up. Then we were led outside to a table that sat in a puddle with water leaking out of the wall splashing and puddling the floor and some of our seats. We waited for the mgr to be notified and to come see. We wanted to pull the tables out of the water area and sit down but were told to wait. The mgr came with a tool and stopped the water. We pulled tables out of puddle and then he showed up with a mop. OK stuff happens but what was the point of a reservation? It was another 25 mins before our drink order was taken so we asked if we could order our food at the same time. Waitress makes face and says it's only her 2nd day on the job and she didn't realize she was going to be thrown to the wolves. Huh?!?! Drinks arrive sporadically over another 20 min. period so we are holding off toasting birthday gal. Waitress starts to hand out salad plates to serve family style salad, two plates are dirty, we tell her, another face. Rolls are brought out, 2 baskets and she apologizes that 1 basket is overcooked but the other is alright. Overcooked were like hockey pucks so we asked for more rolls. Dinners start to arrive after quite a long wait but we're having a good time anyway. It's only her 2nd day so.... Dinners are being served in twos. Side dish choices are wrong, we let it go. 9 dinners served and are 1/2 way finished when waitress says to me quesedillas are on their way. I told her I ordered chicken fajitas. 8 of the other gals have finished eating. Waitress stops by and asks if we want more drinks, no thank you. Says my fajitas are coming. I told her to forget it everyone else is done. She brings them out anyway while we are waiting for our bills. I ate 1/2 and they were good. First bill has another diner's bill (who we do not know) but 1 gal's credit card. Another is charged for large filet when she ordered small. She said if it was small it would have been bacon wrapped. This girl is a visitor and only knows she ordered small. Bill is not corrected. My meal is not comped. OK with me but others in group can't believe it. All in all food was great. Waitress starts to give us sales pitch on Xmas gift card deal, REALLY?? Still waiting for rest of the bills. It was not busy. Patio practically empty because Rocky and the Rollers down in the square. 5 girls want to talk to mgr at front desk. Told he's busy. Asst. mgr listens to complaints and when told we understood girl is new, she says she's not new and that she had already complained to mgt about us. She says sorry about that. Another couple comes out and asks if we have his credit card because they can't find it. He has the name that was on the bill we got but not his card. They were still looking for it when we left. After dancing on the square, arrive home to find email from one of the girls, she was double billed. She calls mgr. and explains how the evening went. He says we should have asked for him. DUH! Several girls say that service at Brownwood Cody's is always miserable but this took the cake. We arrived just before 5:30 and didn't get out until after 8pm.