Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 11-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesmom208 View Post
Ladies, suggestions on adjusting to moving away from friends and family? We are in OO (TV family community) just my husband and I, we are in late 40's, no kids at home and both retired.
In my humble opinion, it is very difficult to move here and leave your family and friends behind and, in our case, it took us a long time to get used to being "on our own" and we were considerably older than you when we did it.

If I may - I would suggest you search through the Rec News every week and go through the clubs to see if there is anything of interest for either one of you. I do not have a list, but there is a full list of clubs here that I am sure one of the ladies on this board could give you. Also, you might find something in the catalog put out by The Villages Lifelong Learning College, you could pick one up at the regional rec centers.

What about volunteering? The Sun has several pages of volunteer opportunities every week. I have no idea what your professions were, but you might be of great use to one of the local schools.

You are probably used to a very structured life and you may just need to find something to kill some time in your day until you learn how to live in TV.

I wish you well - I went through something very similar when my other half was transferred overseas for several years and I had to leave a job I loved, family, friends and a neighborhood where everyone knew me. It is not easy.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak