View Single Post

Old 11-07-2016, 09:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I've had 3 phone calls from them just today, one from St. Pete, one from Miami and one local. So when they say, have you voted yet? I say yes, today. They ask, you voted for Hillary right? I say, No, my wife and I voted for Trump. Then I hang up.
As a result of the constant barrage of calls invading my home (only in behalf of one candidate), resentful as it makes me, I finally had to stop answering my own phone. When I did answer, I never got a call like the poster I'm quoting, that is, when it was a person, I was NEVER asked who I voted for or would vote for. I can't even imagine that! Until I stopped answering my own phone, most calls were recordings either making a pitch or inviting me to a special event. When it was a live person, I would politely listen because I cannot slam a phone down on anyone, but it would still rankle me to the point that, as I say, I don't answer the phone anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If you decide who to vote for because they "call you a lot"...I don't know what to say....
My decision to vote for the candidate who did not hound me by constantly invading my personal space does not stem from some arbitrary idea but rather my feeling that the other candidate, with the endless hounding phone calls (more than once a day), seems to reflect a desperation or an insecurity or complete lack of awareness of civility. Invasive phone calling is just that--invasive. It's certainly not intelligent and thoughtful campaigning.

Hopefully it will all be over by this time tomorrow! Hopefully....