View Single Post

Old 11-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
Last year I was ready to have Tom install an antenna in our attic; However we hesitated when he mentioned we might have a problem with NBC. Then he indicated he was no longer interested (in installing an attic antenna for us). You mention that NBC is problematic "occasionally". How often is "occasionally"? Is there a pattern of what time of day, or what season is more or less problematic?

We live in a rural area up north, and have an attic antenna there with very satisfactory results. I think maybe I could install one here myself, but would need some guidance as to recognizing which cable(s) I see up there are the appropriate ones to attach to the antenna. Any advice from anyone??
NBC I believe is WESH 2. Sometimes there is some interference to that station. This station is on the old channel 11 VHF Frequency. What I did is buy a second antenna that was designed for just the High end VHF where channel 11 resides. These antenna that cover a wide range are compromises in performance to cover the entire bandwidth. To make a long story short when my GE Attic Antenna is having a problem I switch to the other antenna and have no problem getting NBC. The reason that you do not see some of these problems on the cable is because they get an internet feed from the station and are not using an antenna to get the data.