View Single Post

Old 06-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts
Default Re: Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad

Hi Girls,

I looked in here a while ago and saw that you were talking about my soap, "I'm Rusty Eden." So I went back and found it and read it from the top. And I found myself laughing.

Now, that's really not ego talking, even though I wrote the thing. What was making me laugh was that when I put all of you in my soap, I did not really know you. And now, even though we have never seen each other, for some reason I feel like I do sort of know you. And it is fun to see you in your parts.

Brightspot was the heroine. Much of the plot revolved around her as Cinderella Central. Oh Sam, you were Rusty Queen! Muncle was Skippy Madison. Donna was Sheba. My favorite character was Barb1191 who was Skuppy the bartender. I remember saying that I could relate because Skuppy was always surrounded by characters, too. Barefoot is in it and lots of others of us.

Most of the names in my soap from last winter are still here with us. At the end, I was trying to pawn the job off, but I did not get any takers. Wow. It was a long cold winter. And I just started to write and write and write. It went on for a couple of weeks, at least. Later it got bumped, not by me. But I never really got my groove back.

So anyway, if you are bored, really bored, and you would like a rerun, at the risk of appearing an egotist, I will find it again and deliver it to you all.

Thanks for the kind words. I really do not know why I write this stuff. But I can't seem to help it.

Boomer :redface: