View Single Post

Old 11-20-2016, 02:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
VP Elect Pence does not belive in evolution but rather that humans were created in the Garden of Eden looking just as they look today. He also believes the Earth was created around 6,000 years ago.

Do you believe that evolution should be taught in public schools science courses or that creationism should be taught in the public school science courses?

Do you believe that it should be taught in the school science classes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old despite scientific proof that it is over 3 billion years old?

What will happen under this administration to science?
EVERYTHING should be taught in school and then let the students decide. Age appropriate of course.

Quote:
The OP is essentially asking does God exist? This is a question that has been asked from one generation to the next since the beginning of time.

Disproving or proving the existence of God is an impossibility both from the believer's and non believer's point of view because the construction of the question is a "negative existential claim" and by its nature cannot be proven.

Perhaps if man were capable of searching this entire universe, end to end, top to bottom, heavenly body to heavenly body a more qualified response would be possible but still not a definitive one

In my view both religion and science require faith. In my view evolution requires intelligent design

Ask yourself if a commercial building were loaded to the very top with alphabet letters and the building was then wired to explode would it be in the realm of reasonableness to expect the result to be the creation of an encyclopedia?

Personal Best Regards:
Shouldn't you have to prove it before believing it? Otherwise, roll a dice to determine what faith you'll be. They're both not very bright. You're doing it just to do it.

Quote:
No, the OP was NOT asking if God exists. The OP asks if you believe in the story of creation of humans exactly as written in The Bible or if evolution has occurred.

How about evolution within the species? That seems more plausible, doesn't it?

The Creationist movement believes every word in The Bible literally. Remember that it was King James of England who had the Bible translated and therefore called The King James Version.

Now, back to the original question. Do you believe that the Earth is appropriate 6,000 years old or the 3+billion that scientists believe? Personally, I go for the 3+ billion. Yes, I do believe in God but not a literal translation of The Bible. The Old Testament is a great collection of folk myths common to just about all civilizations.
Ah...evolution WITHIN a species...like the difference in the races...ANY other animal would be classified as different species.

King James do a lot LOT more than JUST translate. He did some picking and choosing too.

Quote:
Bad analogy.
Yes it was...God the watchmaker.

Who mad you God? If something as simple as a watch can't "just happen", hoe does your "God" who can create a watch "just happen"?

Use your brains people!

Quote:
My life does not revolve around the age of Earth. I may have 20-30 years left on this Earth, so Earth's birthday is hardly something that I need to ponder.

Please state YOUR reason for thinking that you are significant to this universe and that you have reason to believe that you can control ANYTHING in avoiding your final destiny.

By the way, my Bible does not give the date that the world was created. Perhaps your science does give an exact date so that we can celebrate it's birthday?
No it doesn't, it doesn't say a LOT that your "religious leaders" tell you to believe.

Quote:
Bad opinion of my analogy.
No, it wasn't.

Tell me...who created a "God" capable of creating a universe? DON'T tell me "it just happened" because then...your watch can happen too.