View Single Post

Old 11-21-2016, 05:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
NOBODY "knows" how old the planet is...they "educated guess", like they do with almost everything.

Religion has brought plenty of misery too...a lot of misery.

Ah...now you're getting it...people who lie to you...for 10%.
Nobody knows how old the planet is....that is what I stated in my last response.

Religion has brought........Again that is what I said in my last response

Now your getting it........ No one is getting it and no one has lied. From the first thinking human being we have from generation to generation tried to answer very basic questions. Why am I here? Who created me? Who created the universe? If there are people on earth can there be other living creatures on other planets?

These question fascinate us all but they lead nowhere Scientist make incremental discoveries until another so called discovery negates all of the previous thinking.

We all reason from within. We all believe we make sense of our existence by reasoning and where there are gaps faith fills them in even for scientist.

Scientist use various methods for period dating but what if the processes they use are flawed? I am sure this is helpful but all we learn is what we discovered and yet there is so much that we have not discovered. And we must not forget human flaws such as hubris and confirmation bias.

There are far more unknowns unknowns than known knowns and we can't know what we don't know.

I have concluded that when my heart beats for the last time I will either know truth or will be left in a perpetual state of nothingness. In either case my fate was sealed the day I was born as has every man and woman born of this earth something I have come to accept. So I focus on what counts to be really important in my life each day. Little time for regrets of the past and little time for contemplating future.

But man should never stop the search

Personal Best Regards: