View Single Post

Old 06-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: 2 cars vs. 1 car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but this is a topic that is of interest to us since we may be making a purchase decision in the near future. My wife insists that we need two cars plus a golf cart - even if the cars will be lightly used. It would seem that the obvious solution is a house with 2 car garage plus a golf cart garage. However, this adds to the price and, even more importantly, significantly limits the number of houses that may be available that meet this requirement. It would seem that the obvious solution if a house without a golf cart garage wins our hearts that we just keep one of the cars outside. However, this leads to 2 questions:

First, are the golf carts maneuverable enough and/or the driveways big enough to allow them to get around a parked car in the driveway? I'd hate to think about moving a car each time we wanted to use the golf cart. We would probably be getting a Designer home, if this makes a difference in the answer.

Secondly, based on the love bug discussion, it sounds like they can do damage to car finishes. If a car is parked in the driveway, how would one avoid damage? Would it have to be washed every day during love bug season?
I have a designer with a 2 car garage and there is no issue getting a cart around a car parked in the driveway. We've squeezed 2 carts and a car into the garage. We have 2 cars now, but I suspect we will eventually get rid of one and have 2.

The love bugs damage cars when you drive through them and they smash against the paint, not while parked.