View Single Post

Old 11-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
By the way, just for the record, during my career I spent roughly thirty years in the field of traffic and transportation. I am a Professional Engineer in the State of Florida and have a Masters Degree in Transportation Engineering from the University of Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Doesn't matter, people will argue with you anyway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Efficiency has nothing to do with safety. The two words are not synonymous.
When you are already driving within our circles, only two vehicles (maximum, per lane) can barely drive in between each of the four exit/entrances.
That is not efficient. They are too small and with the increased population, they seem to be ever-shrinking.

No one ever said the circles would be replaced. Of course they won't be.
And yes -- replacement would result in fewer accidents, as you said.
Where does one find these "traffic studies" to substantiate what you are saying?
I'm not really sure that the implementation of circles throughout the country is "widespread." Some -- yes, but limited, perhaps.

In every single area where there is a circle, the intersection exactly mimics a four-way intersection which would have a minimum of two stop signs or a traffic light.
There is no difference and it is pretty much universal throughout the country.

"anecdotal perspective???

I've been in this area for an equal amount of time and have seen about half a dozen fender benders within a circle.

A "professional engineer?" So is my husband. I have never heard of a degree in "transportation engineering," per se. Does it have something to do with a bus?

Dear PB, I hate to say I told you so, but.....I TOLD YOU SO!

Dear responder, If I know PB, who sometimes fails to see humor in little rolling, laughing icons---I doubt he will find your bus comment funny. (and I do hope it was intended to be FUNNY, and not just plain RUDE). After all, isn't this America's FRIENDLIEST home town????