Thread: Singles ??
View Single Post

Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Re: Singles ??

In 2002 I moved to TV from MA, had been single for 30+ years and retired from a successful career for thirty yrs in program management which I had retired from about ten years before the move South.

It took some time to get used to the social single life and altho I dated quite a bit, there was no "Mr Wonderful" that swept me off my feet. (Incurable romantic, I am.)

Upon moving to TV, not knowing anybody, I found the neighbors to be extremely friendly and socially embracing newbies as one of the gang in the hood. I attended their monthly meetings, played bocci, took line-dancing lessons, dated a few times but nothing "took."

When out of the blue, I happen to meet this guy Bill online. I had a profile placed in one of the internet singles website. He saw my profile and IMd me. We clicked while IMing and we met for dinner at Spanish Springs the next day. I immediately found my "Mr Wonderful." We really hit it off and from then on we were a twosome and married two years later.

Why wait two years to marry? We lived together for about a year and I would have never bothered to marry except for the fact that Bill, being a retired military man, had a fabulous health coverage which included spouses. My coverage was in MA and an HMO which FL frowns upon. Yes, we married for me to have his super duper health package.

We've been married for two years now and, after a period of adjustment, we both are two happy campers. He sure was worth waiting thirty years for! I had no intentions of ever marrying again after experiencing a very tumultous attempt at it.

I share this story with you singles to encourage you that you could possibly move here single, however, you never know when that Mr Wonderful will step into your life. And, if he doesn't show up, it's up to YOU to ensure happiness in all of the opportunities presented to you here in TV. There's so many activities that are not all couple oriented; go for it! If you don't enjoy TV, then it's YOUR fault.

barb

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney