View Single Post

Old 12-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Im assuming you mean the actual border walls, not the walls of the home. I live in a Designer series, so I dont have any experience with CYV. I will be interested to see the replies you receive. I do know when we had our pool built we definitely decided against a stucco privacy wall, as not only does it limit the flow of air in the summer, but it resulted in a view of neighbors rooftops.
I think the OP means the backyard walls. The border wall around the villa community is a 7' masonry wall, the same height and material as the back wall behind our CYV. Our back wall sits about 20' behind our house and doesn't effect the wind or breeze at all. Like I said before, if I want extreme winds then just open the door to the garage with the garage door up, but that's not necessary.

Some of my neighbors have a storm door with a screen, and that would give a similar effect. Storm doors about $300 installed, garage door screen $850 installed. However, there more to having the screen on the garage than just allowing the breeze come through. With the laundry in the garage it helps to keep the temps down in the garage. It keeps lizards and snakes out of the garage and the ocassional gator and any 2 legged intruders wander in, then you know they've cut the screen and they're in for trouble.

The Villages Florida