View Single Post

Old 12-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Platinum member
Default get more opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
I would advise you NOT to move here! Been here a year.....wish I had not!!!!
I'm really sorry this poster feels so strongly. I have been here 3 years and feel it was the right choice for me. I moved into an established area and found several other single women on my street who are now my friends.

Had I stayed where I previously lived, I would be spending much more time alone as most of my friends were married. I knew I had to find a place that afforded me social opportunities.

Here I can decide just how social I want to be. I tend to enjoy time home alone so I'm not as active as some. But there's usually a club from ones' home state and they have meetings, etc. I met another single woman there who has become a good friend for doing things with. There are some alumni clubs that are very active. I belong to one because it's my sons alma mater. There's several clubs that women can join to do things with other women....the Juliets come to mind and Red Hat Societies. There is the Single Baby Boomers club if you meet the age criteria. There are so many possibilities of things to do you can't possibly do them all. If you golf there are singles clubs. if you take up pickleball you will get to know other players. I like to play trivia and started going on my own and eventually got asked to be on a couple of teams.

and if I feel like going to a movie by myself, I don't feel odd about it at all. many people do it.

now if one's hope is to find a partner....I can't speak to that as I'm happily single and have no desire to change that.