View Single Post

Old 12-12-2016, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It makes me angry when people call me naïve and think I am stupid when I choose to be positive.

Believe me, I am aware of the bad in the world and in people.

My husband and I have tried to buy our home in the safest areas to raise our children. We both traveled a LOT for business in our lives and HAD to be aware of our surroundings and our possessions and of others around us. We choose people to run with who are like minded and law abiding. We have tried to stay OUT of dangerous areas and dangerous situations and AWAY from dangerous people.

That said. There is a person or persons at this time who is stealing golf carts in The Villages. Break ins and thefts occur here or escalate in November and December and continue through the high season. The local Law Enforcement people, all of them, have been VERY successful in catching thieves around here in the past, but do not leave your golf carts with clubs parked in areas that are more likely to be stolen...i.e. in FRONT of Country Clubs...and in retail parking lots. If you see something the slightest bit out of line in your neighborhood, call someone of authority.

But don't be critical of me for my positive attitude ....EVER.

I am just like most of you and have lived through some awful and scary and overwhelming things.

I was raised in a police officers home too. My grandparents raised me and he was a police officer for 37 years. My first reading material was True Detective. HONEST!