Thread: Glen View CC
View Single Post

Old 12-14-2016, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I have thought long and hard about doing this, but here goes.

Went to Glen View for lunch yesterday and I can honestly say the food was absolutely disgusting. Thick pea soup, so thick you could stand the spoon up in it all on its own and a mini shrimp salad croissant all for the cheap cheap price of $5.50 and that is probably more than the food was worth. The croissant had obviously been in the refrigerator for some considerable time, it was cold and damp and, what should have been the crusty parts of the flaky top, were coming off in wet blobs.

We have had some great times at Glen View since we moved here some years ago, but today they lost us. I know something about the restaurant business and I would like to tell the new owner that he is killing his own business and once you kill a restaurant it takes YEARS to get your clientele back.
They have changed hands in the last few months. They, and Mallory are being run by someone different. Restaurants lease the buildings and sign leases for a number of years so I guess they will be here for awhile. I LIKED the way it was run by the people who used to run it, but I guess even restauranteurs get old and retire.

I just wonder why when someone takes over a successful business that they don't run it the same way, employ the same people, use the same procedures. I would think it would be more about making money than putting your "spin" on it. But no one asks me.